Tuesday, June 30, 2009

temples

Sometime after Kevin and I were married we both wrote 100 Lifetime Goals. Both of us set "attending every temple in the world" as one of those goals. That didn't sound like such a lofty goal back then (20-something years ago) but that was before President Hinckley went on a temple-building jag. Now, that goal seems much more difficult (although much more fun to accomplish?).

As a subset of that goal, I have tried to visit 3 "new" temples each year for the past several years. If I keep at it, and if no more temples were ever built, it would still take me another 30 years! At some point (maybe when kids are gone), I am going to have to pick up the pace.

I have done really well so far this year, though (thanks in part to Utah's own new temples). The year is only 1/2 over and I have already been to 3 new temples. Yea! I have been to the Draper Temple, the Mexico City Temple, and the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. Maybe I can sneak in a couple more this year! (And, yes, I am counting the Oquirrh Mountain open house as having been to that temple. I am sure I will have many more opportunities to attend that one over the years!)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Marvelle, your husband is a pilot...you can do it! If I would have set that goal, there would have probably been some mental illness involved (since I have left the state 5 times). So I will keep my goals more realistic like looking at a picture of all of the temples in my lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gaol, think of all the fun places this journey will take you. You are always moving forward. How fun!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete