Monday, June 15, 2009

pushover parent

I think every family's got a "pushover parent". Lest there is any doubt as to who it is in our family, let me relate today's conversation.

Daughter #2 - "Mom, can I have a sleepover tonight at ____________'s house?"

Me - "I don't know. I'll discuss it with Dad."

Daughter #2 to Friend - "My mom said, 'Probably.'"

Me to Daughter #1 - "I said I don't know. I'll talk to Dad. How did she get probably out of that?"

Daughter #1 - "That means probably."


I'm so glad our children have us pegged. They can even interpret our language. lol.

2 comments:

  1. I am definitely the push-over parent in our family, and the kids know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is funny how the kids figure out what our different languages mean. Max knows mine. "We'll see" means maybe. "Maybe" means no. "probably" means yes.

    ReplyDelete