Wednesday, June 17, 2009

WEE (Wednesday's Embarrassing Encounters)

Not that all my embarrassing encounters occur on Wednesdays but that just seems as good a day as any to report on them.

For the next little while I'm adding a new feature. Every Wednesday will feature an account of one of my embarrassing moments. These are moments that I can laugh about now, and I hope they'll cause you to chuckle as well. Feel free to leave your own WEE moments in the comments.


After we moved into our current home, it became a hangout place for the teenage boys in our neighborhood for some reason (hmmm...could it be because I would play football with them and hold huge water fights? but I digress). One day, 13-year-old Clinton Madsen proposed that we go climb the trees in his backyard.

I absolutely love to climb trees and he had two wonderfully tall trees in his backyard, so I was all for this plan. We all headed over to Madsen's backyard where Clint climbed one tree while I climbed another. I was quite high (in the treetop, of course) when I hear a deep, masculine voice say, "Sister Morgan, what are you doing up there?"

I looked down to see my bishop (Clinton's father) looking up at me. I will never forget the look on his face - totally awkward moment!

2 comments:

  1. HA ha ha, I had to read it over from the start to make sure that this happened in the home you live in now...meaning you were an adult...hahahaha I'm still laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! You made me laught, so do you do much tree climbing now?
    Karen

    ReplyDelete