Tuesday, June 2, 2009

breaking up is hard to do

We have to talk...

You are a really nice guy and I've enjoyed our last 5 years together but it's just not working for me anymore.

It's not you, it's me.

It's just time I move on - find someone new - move on with my life. You should too.

I will always remember you and be grateful for all you've done for me. You've helped me to grow and develop. You will always mean a lot to me.

I hope we can still be friends.

You're a great coach but...you see, I've found someone new.





Who would ever have dreamed that leaving your soccer coach and soccer team of the last 5 years would be so much like a bad break-up? McKayla tried out for and made the premiere team of the U-14 Utah Glory. Her new coach is highly respected and is well-known for really improving players skills and pushing them to excel. He coached his older daughter's team all the way through and 5 of them now play for BYU. Now he's coaching his younger daughter's team and it just seems like a great opportunity for McKayla and one she is VERY excited about,

However, there is a sense of sadness for both McKayla and me. Mike (her current coach) really is an extremely nice guy. We have been with him for 5 years (fall, indoor, spring, summer tournaments, etc) and it feels a little disloyal to abandon him at this point. He had requested that the team stay together. He even told all the players they didn't have to tryout, he'd just put them on his roster. He has sent emails and made phone calls, so now it feels like a sad break-up.

It shouldn't, should it? After all, it's just soccer.

3 comments:

  1. YAh for Makayla....Mike will get over it, we all have to move on sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seth Gordon’s resume as director has been an interesting one; ranging from the enjoyable Fistful of Quarters to the weak-weak Four Christmases. https://www.ambitiouswe.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I’m frustrated. I’m not pointing fingers at you though, really I think its everyone else that is responsible. AMBITIOUS WE LIFE COACHING Program for Women

    ReplyDelete