Wednesday, December 1, 2010

why did I wait?

Yesterday I took time for myself. No, I didn't do anything fun like a pedicure or sitting at Barnes & Noble browsing and sipping a hot chocolate. Instead, I got a mammogram. Exciting, huh?

It's years overdue especially since my mother had breast cancer (cancer-free for 10 years now - YEA!). I'm not sure why people complain about them - I didn't find it the slightest bit painful. Not even a twinge of pain.

Really, the only painful thing about the experience was the 40-minute wait to register with the hospital where they only needed to take copies of my driver's license and insurance card before sending me to mammography. When I got to mammography, they told me the registrar hadn't saved my insurance card so they needed to scan it again. Also, they wanted my photo ID to be in color not black and white so they scanned my driver's license again making me wonder why I'd had to wait 40 minutes for the registrar to just screw up?

Oh yeah, now I remember why I've put this off - it's not fear of pain. It's fear of frustration!

Fear confirmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment