Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve tradition

Most of our family traditions were adoped from the traditions my family had when I was growing up. However, one tradition is just ours. Years ago we started going bowling on the 24th and then out for pizza. Bowling is great because it's something we are able to do as a family because even Alec is pretty good at it (good meaning he can knock at least a few pins down every time). Then pizza is at The Pie Pizzeria - yum!

This year Kevin won both games. McKayla took 2nd once and Shanley took 2nd the other time. Chandler bowled for the first time without using the bumpers and he scored better the second game than the first so he was happy.

I didn't bowl this year since I'm nursing a shoulder injury but I had a great time laughing at McKayla cheering for Kevin to bowl gutter balls so she'd have a chance to beat him. Plus, I kept quite busy high-fiving Alec every time he knocked a pin or two down.

Then we felt honored that our friend, Tonya, joined us for the pizza. We are thinking we may have to repeat this tradition in January when Brakston returns home.

No comments:

Post a Comment