Friday, December 10, 2010

lovin' the season

I truly do love the Christmas season - even when it keeps me hopping!

Last Sunday I wrote my to-do list for the week. McKayla actually gasped when she saw it and Kevin felt so bad for me that he has made the kids sack lunches all week and done a lot of the carpool driving.

Still, I love it all and I am quite pleased that I got almost every single thing on my list done. Sent Brakston's Christmas package, mailed the Christmas cards, finished a friend's birthday present, bought McKayla some solid black basketball shorts (hard to find), did a lot of work for PTA, made 72 cards (18 different ones), finished making a lot of Christmas gifts, shopped, made so much candy and cookies and breads, taught seminary, and so on!

I was busier than a one-armed paper hanger and loved it all! Now I am excited to be able to relax and enjoy some of the parties! We have our ward party tonight (although I can only stay 30 minutes before heading to McKayla's soccer tournament at BYU - yes, a soccer tournament during the hectic Christmas season - is that crazy or what?). Tomorrow is our extended family Christmas party (along with 2 more soccer games for McKayla) and tomorrow night I am getting together with some friends (and missing McKayla's first basketball game). Monday will be our annual open house where we invite our neighbors for treats and then the parties will pretty much be over.

So, I am going to spend the weekend partying like a rock star!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment