Wednesday, December 22, 2010

pancakes

I have NEVER liked pancakes - all that soggy bread (and soggy from something equally disgusting - maple syrup!).

That is, I've never liked them until this year. No, my taste buds didn't change - my recipes did. Dawnette gave me this recipe for "Perfect Pancake Mix" (I think it's from the Family Fun cookbook).

Perfect Pancake Mix:
(makes 7 1/2 C mix)

3 C flour
3 t baking soda
4 1/2 t baking powder
1 1/2 t salt
1 T sugar
2 C whole wheat flour
1 C 7-whole grain cereal
1 C cornmeal
4 T wheat germ

To make the pancakes:

1 egg
1/2 C milk
1/2 C mix

Yummy! I guess I just like my pancakes with some substenance. I like to eat these plain (none of that horrid maple syrup).


Then, this week I came across another pancake recipe that will go in my "breakfast favorites" file - Applesauce Pancakes with Cinnamon Syrup.

Applesauce Pancakes:

2 eggs
2 C flour
1 C milk
1 C applesauce
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 C oil
2 T sugar
2 T baking powder
1 t salt

Beat eggs until fluffy and then beat remaining ingredients.

Cinnamon Syrup:

! C sugar
3/4 t cinnamon
1/2 C light corn syrup
1/4 C water
1/2 C evaporated milk

In a saucepan combine the sugar and cinnamon. Pour in corn syrup and water and stir to dissolve. Boil, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes. Cool. Sir in evaporated milk and serve. Refrigerate leftovers (if there are any! heehee!)

No comments:

Post a Comment