Sunday, December 19, 2010

he's a romantic

Yesterday was Kevin's and my 23rd anniversary! We knew that day was going to be too crazy busy to celebrate so we had decided to celebrate our anniversary on Friday.

Kevin is much better at the whole anniversary/romance thing than I am. If it were up to me we'd probably go to dinner and/or a movie and call it good. Luckily, Kevin rarely leaves it up to me. He wanted to spend the night at a hotel but since McKayla had 6 am soccer practice (and needed a ride) that didn't seem feasible. Instead, Alec, McKayla, and Shanley had tickets to the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas concert with David Archuleta. That left only Chandler so we shipped him off to a friends' home for a late night.

Kevin started Friday off with roses and chocolate waiting for me at my 5:30 am Jazzercise class. How sweet is that? Then I had to be at the middle school by 7:20 am to do a presentation at the faculty meeting. Kevin had 6 more roses waiting for me there! I had to be at the high school at 10:30 am. Kevin had bought cinnabuns and was going to bring them there for me but ran out of time. Still, it was a really sweet thought.

That night after we got "rid" of all our kids, Kevin shooed me into the bathroom. He'd spent an hour scrubbing the tub so it would be sparkling clean for me. He ran a bath with ocean breeze bath salts and lit some candles and told me to relax.

When I got out of the tub, Kevin had a candlelight dinner waiting. He'd picked up some Mexican food. We ate and talked and then went downstairs to watch a movie.
We watched "While You Were Sleeping" which is one of my favorite movies. The whole night was so relaxing and enjoyable. We just really enjoyed each other's company.

I am so lucky to have married such a good man! Twenty-three years later, I still believe he was the best choice!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, he needs to give my husband some tips!! hehe!! And Britni is very jealous about the concert!!! :) Glad you had a great anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOTALLY agree--he was the BEST choice and I didn't even know the other "choices." Ben and Kevin need to start hanging out more, I do all the planning!!

    ReplyDelete