Friday, December 31, 2010

resolution check-up

Well, it's the final accounting day. How did I do this year on keeping my resolutions? Hmmm, let's see...

Lose weight - I'm quite happy with my progress here for this month. The day after Christmas I started eating healthier and have already lost weight. Yea! Overall for the year, I am down 39.5 pounds from where I started the year. That is great but I still have a ways to go (yes, I was that overweight). This will continue to be a goal for the coming year but I feel positive I can readh my goal weight. If I just lose as much as I did this year, I'll be skinnier than I was in high school!

Earn YW Medallion - FINISHED! McKayla and I both received our awards on Sunday, October 24th. Yea!

Write my grandma's life history - I made no progress in December. On the bright side, Kevin has a friend who told him another method for data recovery on our crashed computer. I am mildly hopeful because that would certainly be helpful. This one will also have to roll over to next year.

Do major projects early - Overall I did really well on this one this year! It certainly made for a relaxing Christmas. I've even got a good start on next year since I've got one present made and I'm already starting on the Christmas gifts for my sisters and friends.

Write a book - Overall I didn't do well on this one this year. I wrote a little here and there but probably have enough for a magazine article - certainly not a book!

Get 7 hours of sleep per night - I give up on this one. I actually slept in this morning until 4:25 am and was super excited because it's the first time in FOREVER that I haven't awoken between 3 and 3:30. 4:25 felt like sleeping in! I've talked to my doctor and she's told me to take Melatonin but it doesn't seem to do anything. I was beginning to get tempted to do drugs (Ambien, Tylenol PM, anything - I just wanted to sleep!)

Conclusion: I like the accountablity of having to report on my goals. It helps with motivation. I will do it again next year!

3 comments:

  1. I like how you have your resolutions on your blog. I may get brave and do that too. I'm afraid that it might just backfire though. congrats on the weight loss!! that is awesome!! You should put more pictures up and show off your hard work!! :) I am working again on losing the weight I have gained also.

    I like how you only have a few goals on there I usually make too many goals and then never get anything accomplished. Have a Happy New Year!! tell everyone "Hi" and Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats - you've done awesome. I think you should resort to medicine for the sleep though. I couldn't survive on half of what you get. Hopefully I will be more motivated this year and join you in the weight loss progress.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get discounts on Ambien purchase only at http://www.sleep-aid-pills.com Order NOW!

    ReplyDelete