Saturday, July 10, 2010

Wednesday

I began early Wednesday morning by leaving the campsite at 5:30 am with Melissa, Dawnette, Spencer, Kelsie, and Shanley. We watched the sunrise from Sunrise Point and then hiked Fairyland Loop. This was an 8-mile loop described as a strenuous hike (it wasn't). It was, however, very pretty. Unfortunately, my camera batteries were dead so I have NO pictures.

Several others left about 9:30 am to hike the Rim Trail. Still others spent most of the day at the pool.

That evening Darin, Jolyn, Melissa, Vicki, Kevin, Alec, Garrett, Avery, Natalie, and I went for a drive and stopped at several viewpoints for breath-taking views like these:


Jolyn, Garrett, Melissa, Natalie, Alec, Vicki, and Kevin at Farview Point.


Alec and Natalie at Farview Point.

Natural Bridge - a very impressive sight!

We saw a lot of Pronghorn Antelope and Mule Deer. We even saw some very young antelope. They were scampering around playfully chasing each other. It was so fun to watch! We also saw lots of chipmunks, prairie dogs, crows, and other birds.

Deer are always a favorite with me. I think they are one of the prettiest creatures ever created!

That night there was an Astronomy Festival. They had a keynote speaker (Todd and Darin attended) and then had huge telescopes set up to view the stars. Many of the group went. I decided I wanted sleep more than I wanted stars in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment