Monday, July 19, 2010

if you can't take the heat

and I can't!!!!!!!

I really hate heat! To me the perfect temperature is about 67 degrees. It gets over 75 and I really start melting. When it reaches 100, like it has the past few days, I totally lose my cool (literally and figuratively). As temperatures soar, so does my irritability. There is a direct and proportional relationship. Conversely, there is an inverse relationship between heat and my productivity. Yes, as I heat up, I get NOTHING done! I don't even have much of a desire to do anything.

I have never liked heat. I never wore a coat growing up (much to my mother's consternation) and I lived in Cody, WY where it does get chilly! I was not a teen who laid out trying to get the perfect tan. I thought that was a torture that Communists (I grew up in the 80s) inflicted on Americans to fry their brain cells, cook their muscles, and give them all cancer!

Now, I realize I don't have much to complain about. After all, Utah has dry heat - very little humidity for us. Also, my poor missionary son has spent/will spend his entire summer in Yuma, AZ where it has been 114 almost constantly. So, yeah, I guess I am pretty much just a heat wimp. I admit it.

However, since I can't take the heat, I do have a plan. Next week I'm escaping with my husband to Vancouver for a couple of days. That should be cooler. The following week Chandler has a soccer tournament in Park City (that's usually about 10 degrees cooler (I'll take every degree I can get), and the week after that we'll be in Yellowstone Park for the week. That's my great plan - escape to somewhere cooler every single week.

Maybe I'll luck out and we'll have an early fall!

1 comment:

  1. I think I would rather have the heat than the bone-biting cold of Utah! And icy roads! And having to buy a coat!

    ReplyDelete