Monday, July 5, 2010

family reunions

I'm heading out tomorrow for a family reunion. This is a small reunion with just my brothers and sisters and their families (my parents' mission president won't allow them to travel that far). There should be 40 of us there. We're headed to Bryce Canyon with the plan of doing lots of hiking and some swimming.

I am quite excited and have printed out several hikes I'd like to try. I love to hike!

I also love reunions. I have fond memories of family reunions when I was growing up. We went to Island Park for a week every summer. The highlights there were motorcycle riding, horseback riding, putting our tubes/rafts in at Mack's Inn and floating down the Snake River, eating homemade ice cream, boat rides, playing endless rounds of card games, eating Ina's homemade Oreos, listening to Dave play his guitar and sing John Denver songs by the fire, going fishing, eating fish for breakfast, and going waterskiing. One year someone even brought a trampoline and set it up. That was fun.

One tradition of our current family reunions that I'm sure my children will remember fondly is the candy cannon. It's a favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment