Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ward Youth Conference (belated post)

We went to Bear Canyon (outside Nephi) for our ward Youth Conference. It was pretty!

McKayla was one of the few Young Women to attend (we don't have very many to begin with). She had a great time!

Here's three of the four YW who went. McKayla, Atalie, and Amber.


One of the things that was especially nice for me was that the men did all the cooking! They did a great job and I enjoyed the break from the kitchen. I don't think I did much more than cut up a watermelon the whole time we were there!


I also had Alec up there! It makes it especially nice to go to Youth Conference when you're there with a couple of your own children! Alec is really good at entertaining himself (albeit LOUDLY!).


We played lots of games (card games, Skittles games, Octopus 8, Minute to Win It, etc).


Here's Riley playing the Skittles game.


We attended a Mormon Handcart Pageant that was really good and we did a service project of cleaning up a park. However, I think the real highlight for the youth was the river! They spent hours in and near the river. It was freezing but no one seemed to mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment