Sunday, July 4, 2010

Thoughts on the 4th

Happy Independence Day!

I truly am proud to be an American! In fact, I always cry when I hear the song by that name. I also frequently tear up when I say the Pledge of Allegiance. I believe what I'm saying and am offended that others think the "under God" part should be removed!

I am so grateful for the men and women who fight or have fought to preserve my rights and freedoms. What an honorable thing to do!

I am grateful I get a say (however small) in how and by whom our country is run. I would never miss a chance to vote!

I truly believe the Declaration of Independence is an inspired document - what a masterpiece! It should be required reading in every school.

I have celebrated this holiday with carnival rides, a BBQ with family, watching a parade, going swimming, and watching a grand fireworks display! Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment