Sunday, July 18, 2010

garage sales

I hit some garage sales yesterday (one of my favorite things to do). I didn't pick up much but I did find a couple of good deals. I found a nearly new life jacket for 50 cents. I also found a brand new, still-in-all-its-packaging mini crockpot for $2.

I normally am not too big on kitchen gadgets because that means I have to find a place to store them and so many of them I can make do with what I've got (i.e. who needs a quesidilla maker when a fry pan works?) However, many times I've thought a mini crockpot would come in handy. Ironically, McKayla had already requested cocktail weiners for dinner and asked that I cook them in the crockpot. I had explained to her that our crockpot is way too huge for such a small amount of food. Then, I find this mini one and it was just perfect for cooking our cocktail weiner dinner.

(I'm kinda pleased with my finds, can you tell?)

1 comment: