Friday, July 30, 2010

the good, the bad, and the ugly

My trip to Vancouver was all of the above!

The Good:
1) lots of sleep
2) cool weather
3) a stamp in my passport
4) first time on a tandem bike - LOVED it!
5) beautiful sights
6) amazing Greek dinner one night
7) 2 hours of exercise my last morning (4-mile run outside, 8-mile stationary bike ride, free weights, and another couple of miles on the treadmill)
8) Peter's chocolate cream
9) a Wunderbar (can't get them in the US)
10) Stanley Park
11) beautiful flowers
12) a most comfortable bed
13) a slice of pizza from the Flying Wedge - (good pizza)
14) poking around Granville Island

The Bad:
1) the first day I was stuck in my room since my eye swelled shut and gave me the worst headache I've ever had in my life!
2) unable to read due to eye problems (what's a vacation without books?)
3) computer crashed and I lost so much that I just cry every time I think about it
4) ate too much
5) the headache and lack of vision caused me to stumble around so badly that I fear everyone thought I was drunk or on something

The Ugly:
1) my eye was swollen and red and I couldn't wear eye make-up (thank goodness for sunglasses)
2) tears streamed from my eyes for 2 days causing me to drip snot (gross)

No comments:

Post a Comment