Thursday, July 8, 2010

peeve

This is pretty mild as far as pet peeves go but I do dislike it when people refuse to share their recipes.

I understand if the recipe is used to make a living. I won't ask for the recipe if you're trying to sell the product. I get that.

What I don't get is people who just WON'T share.

Years ago we had a lady in our ward (she's long gone from here) who made a delicious cake/pie every Christmas. If you were lucky enough to be on her Christmas list, you got one. I asked for the recipe a few times but was always refused because she "wanted to keep the recipe in her own family."

I was irritated but I'm pretty non-confrontational so I said nothing.

About a year ago I went on an intensive hunt trying to find that recipe. Guess what? Found it!

Since I believe in sharing, here's the recipe:

Swedish Cake (Pie)
1 C sugar
1 C flour.
4 T margarine (melted)
2 eggs
2 t almond extract
sliced almonds to put on top

Mix the first five ingredients and pour into a greased 8 inch pie pan. Place almonds on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. (It makes its own crust)


This recipe is seriously delicious! Feel free to copy it and share it with whomever you like!

2 comments:

  1. OK Marvelle, it sounds good! What I need is someone to make it for me that knows how to cook...like you. Dreaming of the cupcakes you brought to Jazz not to long ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! my sister in law is this way and it is so annoying! does that make them feel special? i will give a reciepe to ANYONE inhopes they will make it for me sometime!

    ReplyDelete