Tuesday, January 4, 2011

THREE WEEKS!

Yes, Brakson comes home 3 weeks from today. At this exact hour, I will be on my way to the airport to get him. I can't wait!

It is really odd how at peace I am currently. When he left, it was much harder than I ever could have imagined! I missed him so much! I kept thinking, "why didn't anyone ever warn me how difficult this is?"

I think I am beginning to understand now. I still miss him but, somehow, just knowing he will be home soon, has erased the ache in my gut. I am feeling peace and contentment.

I've decided it's like childbirth. If you could truly remember the pain, you'd never have more than one child. If you could ever truly remember the heartache and loneliness and emptiness of sending your child away for 2 years, you'd only let your eldest son serve a mission. However, time erases the pain. The excitement of having him come home has already replaced the hole in my chest. Life is really good again!

I'm sure I won't remember a thing by the time Chandler leaves in 9 more years and I'll willingly do it all again!

1 comment:

  1. Nobody told me how hard it was going to be either. Everyone just told me how wonderful it is and how blessed we would be. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, My heart felt like it was torn into a hundred pieces for the first few weeks. But seeing him grow spiritually and having my testimony grow makes it easier. I'm excited for you to have Brakston come home!

    ReplyDelete