Friday, January 7, 2011

electrifying

I have serious issues with all things electrical. No, I am not electronically-challenged. I can operate microwaves, computers, and so forth. I just seem to make them go absolutely haywire!

When I was a teen, I couldn't wear watches because they'd just stop. The doctor suggested that the electricity in my body interacted badly with the watches (I don't know if there is any scientific basis to this doctor's claim or if he was just making it up because he didn't have an answer).

I thought I'd outgrown that or something but now I'm starting to wonder.

My car radio does the most funky things. I am driving along listening to the radio and all of a sudden, the CD is playing. Or, it's peaceful and silent and suddenly the radio is blaring. The worst is when it maniacally switches back and forth from radio to CD staying on each only a few seconds before switching again. Weird.

My microwave is also a little "possessed". Sometimes it turns itself on when I walk by. Other times, it pretends it's working but then I look and the timer is not counting down and there's no heat just lights and a fan. Also weird.

Yesterday it was Kevin's laptop. I couldn't connect to the internet. Mind you, it's wireless internet and it said it was connected However, right above where the computer said it was connected, it also said no internet access. The desktop had no problem so I know it was just the computer I was trying to use.

I am probably what happened to my now defunct laptop.

If it's electrical and I touch it, it will soon go ka-put!

No comments:

Post a Comment