Friday, January 21, 2011

better the second time around

I just finished teaching a couple of seminary classes this morning. I always feel badly for my "guineau pig" class (the first class). I'm not very good. I feel like I stumble around a bit. I am SO much better the next time. By the second class, I'm relaxed. The lesson flows. I ask better questions and give better examples. The pacing of the lesson is better. The relaxation probably helps me feel the Spirit better so the teaching is more inspired.

I have always felt this way but was relieved today to find out I'm not the only one. I mentioned it to one of the teachers that I know fairly well. He laughed and said, "I always tell my first class that if they were paying tuition, I'd only charge them half."

I wonder if all teachers fell this way. Does it matter what you're teaching?

No comments:

Post a Comment