Sunday, January 23, 2011

mission tradition

I blogged earlier this month about wanting a missionary tradition to help inspire my nephews to serve. I really feel that Brakston, being the oldest grandchild, has a responsibility to help set the example and pave the way.

I was having a hard time coming up with anything but this is what I finally came up with:

It's got everyone's mission pictures, the flag pin for their mission, and their name, mission, and dates served.

I know the picture is not good but the center says "it all started here". It will contain a picture of my dad's mission to Northern California when he was 19 (when my parents get home and find it).

It contains pictures of my parents, Kevin, Darin, Dawnette, Todd, Tonya, Jeremy, Kari, and Brakston. As you can see, there are plenty of spaces left to add the pictures for this next generation (plus my parents' new mission to the Washington D.C. Temple).

I am kind of excited about this!

1 comment:

  1. well done! This is a great traditon it turned out so nice.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete