Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I need help!

My neighbors have a really wonderful missionary tradition. When a son leaves for or comes home from his mission, they fly all the flags of where everyone (cousins, uncles, siblings, etc) in their yard. It looks really cool! Their fourth (and last) son just got home last week and it was an amazing sight to see 20 or so flags flying in the yard.

I think this is a great tradition in that I'm sure it helps with encouraging all of the young men to want to be a part of it.

As Brakston is the oldest grandchild on my side (and thus, the first one to serve a mission), I almost feel an obligation to start such a tradition. I want something that my children and my nieces and nephews will want to be a part of.

I love to copy ideas but don't feel I can copy the flag idea since they only live 2 houses away and their son just got home. Anybody got any ideas for me?

Please....

1 comment:

  1. You could fly the flags in the house. Or you could make up some sort of poster board that shows all the flags from the different countries. I would include Kevin in there too as he is Dad and went on a mission too. Just add to the poster each time someone goes on a mission or comes home from a mission and display it in your home. Just an idea. The flags is a great idea!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete