Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Who am I?????

Who am I today?

I guess that depends on who you ask.

To my fellow 5:30 a.m. peeps, I am a dedicated Jazzerciser.
To the 3rd graders at my son's school, I am the animal-selling lady (it was marketplace today - an exercise in money management).
To the missionaries, I am the Sister who is feeding them dinner tonight.
To the YM/YW, I am the leader in charge of tonight's activity and the one that will provide them the homemade peanut butter cookies. (I really must admit I make the very BESt peanut butter cookies ever! I know I shouldn't brag, but they are big and soft and practically melt in your mouth. Since I'm on a health-food, lose-weight kick, I couldn't even allow myself a single bite. I knew I wouldn't be able to stop.)
To my mom, I am the concerned daughter who has been calling all day to get the medical test results.
To my nieces, I am the nice aunt who let them have a sleepover last night and took them swimming.
To my neighbors (at least this morning), I am the woman who drives a bit too fast for snowy roads (I was running really late - not usual for me).
To myself, today I am mom. I helped in the school, made a great dinner, had peanut butter cookies waiting as an after school treat, helped with McKayla's science fair project, and just generally did the "mom" thing.


Who are you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment