Saturday, January 16, 2010

striking terror in hearts everywhere!

Lately I have been subjected to extra security measures when I've flown. I've decided I must look menacing or threatening. When I flew to Los Angeles, I was subjected to the "naked scan" machine not just once but twice! Then, I was still patted down around my middle. (The only thing they'll find there is some extra weight!)

Yesterday, they scanned my roll-a-board suitcase then hailed another TSA agent to come rifle through it. When he didn't find anything, they sent in through the scanner again. The culprit? A CUCUMBER! Yes, I was traveling with my own lunch (you never know when you fly stand-by how long you'll be stuck in an airport and I didn't want to be gouged by airport prices for food that is high-fat, low-nutrition.)

Anyways, there you have it - a particularly terrifying mother traveling with her pretty daughter and her son who has Down syndrome armed with (GASP) a cucumber! Thank goodness they caught me! Don't you all feel the skies are safer now?

No comments:

Post a Comment