Tuesday, January 19, 2010

thou shalt not murmur

One thing in particular struck me as I was reading the Book of Mormon the other day: it's SCARY how much I have in common with Laman and Lemuel! Specifically, Nephi was talking about Laman and Lemuel and said, "...And they did murmur because they knew not the dealings of that God who had created them." (1 Nephi 2:12)

And I thought "Dang! I'm just like them. That's why I murmur too! Because I don't see the big picture, because I don't know what God wants me to learn from my trials, because I can't see the growth my experiences are forcing in me, because I don't know all the why's, because, because, because, because..."

Dang again! I really hate it when I'm reminded I sometimes have more in common with Laman and Lemuel than my hero, Nephi.

1 comment:

  1. Cash Cab went great! i think everyone got all the right answers! I had a few YM that decided to sneak refreshments without "paying" for them with their winning money so that was annoying, but typical. Do the 14 year old boys in your ward act as if they've never seen food in their life before and the hours of 7-8 on wed night is seen as a feeding frenzie? sorry i got a bit carried away murmurring...your post made me do it:)

    ReplyDelete