Friday, January 1, 2010

it's a jungle out there! (or at least a rainforest)

For our last day on the island, we hiked to Manoa Falls. It was an absolutely gorgeous walk! At points, the trail was even strewn with beautiful orange flowers.It truly was a rainforest - complete with lush, tropical foliage. Everywhere you looked there was a different shade of green and various shaped leaves. I could hears the calls of the birds over head. I could hear the stream running alongside me.
It's a good thing the hike itself was so pretty because Manoa Falls wasn't much more than a trickle (it is the dry season after all). It was still lovely.

Then we headed back to the Polynesian Cultural Center (there was no way to cover it all in one day). Kevin and Todd tried their hands at manly-man activities such as spear-throwing and fishing. Jill and I did some weaving, some hula dancing, and then some Tahitian hip-shaking before we tried our own hands at spear-throwing. Jill was pretty good at it and nearly hit the target with every throw.
We wtached the Hawaiian dancers and then this cute Tahitian dancer.
We also watched the IMAX movie on coral reefs. It was interesting.

All of the sand and sea and sun of the past week must have gone to my head. I lost my head a little and got this great sea turtle tatoo.



Okay, not really. The tatoo is tempura paint and will be off by my first shower. I had only a moment of feeling like a rebel. All good things must come to an end. Time to head back to reality and cold weather. sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment