Monday, January 4, 2010

looking forward - 2010

I hope the 4th is not too late to be making my New Year's Resolutions. I must be forgiven for procrastinating. I spent the 1st in airports and on planes. I spent the 2nd driving to/from Idaho to attend my nephew's baptism and confirmation. Sundays are just busy with church, meetings, firesides, choir practices, etc. So, today, at 4:20 a.m. I finally get a chance to think about the future. Here's a few goals:

Lose 34 pounds. Weird amount, I know. Last year I lost 20 pounds at the beginning of the year and kept off 17 of those. I wanted to double that amount this year. Not that I want to lose 40 and only keep off 34 of them but...

Earn my YW Medallion by completing my Personal Progress. This will be my 3rd time earning it but the program keeps changing and so do I. Besides, how can I encourage my girls to do it if I don't set the example. Practice what I preach and all that.

Write my Grandma Searle's life history. This is the year that I am going to finish this project.

Begin now with all major projects and finish early. Last year was not a banner year for me. I realized with 8 days left in the year) that I still had 48 CPE credits to earn. My Christmas cards are usually done by August and this year I finished in December. And the list goes on. This year will be better. I vow to have 40 hours of CPE (continuing professional education) done by May 31st. My Christmas cards will be done by August. I will hand make my sisters' Christmas presents by October. I will make all of my nieces and nephews birthday presents by the end of this month.

I will write the book that my Sunday School classes have been after me to write for years.

I will make a superhuman (for me) effort to get at least 7 hours of sleep each night.

1 comment: