Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Timp hike

Shanley and I hiked partway up Mount Timpanogos yesterday. It was gorgeous and so nice to get away for a bit! I did, however, have to wonder if I was really "escaping" the world when I saw this sign...
I'm not sure I'm really in wilderness if there is a nice sign announcing it!

I love hikes to waterfalls! They are so beautiful. Also, I find the sound of a waterfall to be very relaxing. I guess it's how you look at it though. I mentioned to Shanley that "it is so peaceful here" and Shanley said "you call this peaceful? That waterfall is so noisy!"




Our intent was not so much the climb as the peaceful moments. I wanted to work on my personal mission statement. Shanley curled up on a rock and did some reading.


We were too late for the best of the fall colors but there was still enough color to make me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment