Wednesday, October 14, 2009

mission statement

One of the very best things about my hike up Mount Timpanogos on Monday was the opportunity it gave me for self-reflection. That was my main purpose in going. Back in May, I took a hike for the same reason. I spent time then pondering the different roles in my life and where I saw myself in those roles in 5 years, in 10 years, and in 20 years.

This time I reflected on what I would want people to say at my funeral (begin with the end in mind) and then hammered out my personal mission statement. I have been working on my mission statement for years but feel that it might now be a finished product.


There is something empowering about having written my mission statement. It dovetails nicely with my 100 life goals. I feel like I am going somewhere. I have a map for getting there and a clearly defined purpose. It is exciting!

1 comment:

  1. wow!! I just try to make it through each week! This doesn't surprise me. You are awsome! I just hope people show up for my funneral besides family they have to be there:)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete