Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Shanley

Shanley has been off-track almost 3 weeks. We have had a good time but one thing has really struck out. Everywhere we've gone, people have asked if she is playing hooky or if the junior high is out for some reason. You see, everyone is assuming she is older than she actually is. All of a sudden, my youngest daughter has grown up!


She is no longer the long, dark-haired toddler who just HAD to run everywhere she went. She's not afraid to sleep in her room by herself. She's not even in Primary any more.

She is twelve (but in 6th grade) and has gotten tall and beautiful. Even my own mom when she stopped by last Saturday just kept saying how grown up Shanley has gotten. I guess it really does happen overnight.

At least Shanley has not outgrown the desire to be "daddy's little girl".

1 comment:

  1. She is so cute! I love her comments on my facebook acct. It makes me sad, I don't want her to grow up and become a "moody" teenager. But she's pretty easy going, so maybe she'll be OK!!

    ReplyDelete