Friday, October 30, 2009

Be Still

The last two days have been absolutely frantic! I have run from dentist appointments, haircut appointments, presidency meetings, stake meetings, soccer practice, high school PTA stuff, YW in Excellence preparations, etc. You get the idea. Even my scripture study (?) has been a little hectic. (I am reading alongside my Mia Maids to finish the Book of Mormon before Christmas.)

We had a Stake RS meeting last evening and it came with a beautiful reminder to "Be still and know that I am God." (D&C 101:16)

A wake-up call for me was the question, "How much of the Lord's help are you missing because you're not listening?"

I am hereby recommitting to arising at 4:15 am so I have some quiet, peaceful time to study and ponder and BE STILL!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Marvelle, sweetheart only you would think that getting up at 4 in the morning could possibly make your life better.

    ReplyDelete