Sunday, October 4, 2009

the mystery we call "Alec"

Alec never ceases to make me laugh! He is such a quirky kid. I could spend hours writing about his bizarre behavior but today I'll limit my comments to his bedroom/sleeping arrangements.

First, you never actually know where Alec will sleep. Sometimes it's in his bed but often he'll set up his pillows and blankets in the family room downstairs and will sleep there for weeks at a time. Even when he sleeps in his bedroom, sometimes it's not in his bed. Sometimes, it's under the bed or on the floor beside the bed. Currently, he has dragged an extra mattress in his bedroom and he is sleeping on that mattress right next to his bed. The only time I draw the line is when he wants to sleep in my front room. Then I get onery and won't let him!

Second, although he has two dressers, he normally chooses to keep his clothes in suitcases and bags. He totally has a system and can find what he wants but I can't! When he is sleeping downstairs, he generally takes his suitcases with him.

Third, Alec likes things very clean so he doesn't usually have stuff on his dresser. He doesn't even like clothes hanging in his closet (packed in his suitcase is a much better scenario! lol)

Fourth, he even keeps his bathroom items (shaving kit, deodorant, comb, toothpaste and toothbrush) in a ziploc bag in his suitcases and carries the bag into the bathroom every time he wants to use it.


I don't understand Alec but he does make me laugh. Silly boy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm laughing because everything I was reading I could picture him doing. Write a book of all the funny things Alec has done. You are a great Mom he needs you!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete