Wednesday, October 7, 2009

confessions of "the good wife"

Oh, wait..."the good wife" would not be me! I do have a terrible confession to make though -- I forgot my husband's birthday.

Well, I didn't actually forget my hubby's birthday, I just forget we were supposed to be celebrating it yesterday instead of today.

Kevin had to fly out at 7 am today (his actual birthday) so I asked him last week what day he wanted to celebrate (see, I WAS thinking ahead and remembering). He said Tuesday and we planned the menu so I could fix his favorite foods and lavish him with the love and attention he truly deserves.

Then I played with my sister from Idaho all weekend and had two extremely crazy busy days on Monday and Tuesday and all of a sudden it was Tuesday afternoon and I was still running around trying to prepare for my YM/YW combined activity when I realized I hadn't made the special menu. Oops! So sorry, dear!

I did come home from Jazzercise early this morning so I could make him crepes before he flew out (he won't be back until Saturday). Still, I didn't have a gift to give him so it was a pretty pathetic birthday celebration. Sorry again!

Now you know why Kevin is stuck with me forever - no one else would put up with me.

I love you, Kevin! Have a very happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment