Wednesday, October 21, 2009

shooting stars

I have never seen a shooting star - no kidding, NEVER! I am usually looking the wrong way or maybe I look down too much or something.

Last night was supposed to be the prime star-gazing opportunity of the year! The earth was going through a meteor field or something (I'm fuzzy on the details) and shooting stars were supposed to be rampant!

I was really excited! Here was finally my chance to see one. I got up shortly after 4 am and got dressed in my workout clothes. I dragged out a lawn chair and wrapped up in a blanket (it was really cold outside) and stared intently at the sky. And stared. And stared. I kept staring until I had to leave for Jazzercise.

You guessed it - no shooting star for me. Maybe they were falling from the sky behind my head...

I hope this is not a metaphor for my life. Am I focused on the wrong things? Do I miss the important, best things in life? Am I looking down instead of heavenward? Do I miss the mark? Or is it that a shooting star is not the important thing - it streaks and sparkles then fizzles and is gone. Maybe it's the North Star I should always be focused on...

1 comment:

  1. hmmm well i definately would have stayed in my warm bed. guess that's not a hard metaphor, i'm lazy...hee hee. keep reaching for the stars.

    sorry i never got a spare moment in Utah. I looked at paper at Roberts for 2.2 seconds inbetween trying to find ribbon for the wedding but couldn't find anything. i may take you up on your shipping:)

    ReplyDelete