Friday, October 16, 2009

great quote

"Sometimes our greatest gifts grow from what we are not given." --Erica Bauermeister


Does this go along with "necessity is the mother of invention"? Are the gifts greater because we have to work for them? Does this quote apply to my life? Do I have great gifts that weren't handed to me?

I like quotes that make me ponder a bit. Sometimes when I am reading a book a line or two will just pop out at me. I stumble in the flow of the novel and instead get stuck on a phrase.

The above quote is from the book The School of Essential Ingredients. I'm not far enough into it yet to pass judgment on it other than to say it is a feast of words that meld together in my mind to create a beautiful symphony of language. Also, it does have at least one great quote!

No comments:

Post a Comment