Thursday, October 15, 2009

books

Here's my list of books I've read in the past month. I have starred** the ones that I highly recommend.

Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt
**The Shape of Mercy: A Novel by Susan Meisner
Stalking Susuan: A Novel by Julie Kramer
SkyBurial: An Epic Love Story of Tibet by Xinran
The Archangel Project by C.S. Graham
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
Mistaken Identity: Two Families, One Survivor, Unwavering Hope by Don Van Ryn
**Catching Fire (Hunger Games #2) by Suzanne Collins


I absolutely LOVED The Shape of Mercy and Catching Fire! I was disappointed in A Thousand Splendid Suns because it just wasn't as good as The Kite Runner. I can't understand how Angela's Ashes won a major book award. It's not well-written and it covers the same material over and over and over for about 300 pages (alcoholic father finds job, spends wages on alcohol instead of food for impoverished family, ends up losing job due to alcohol, family on the dole, cycle starts again).


Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment