Saturday, April 4, 2009

working

I have worked full-time outside of the home for most of my married years. I was busy but felt like I was able to juggle and balance everything. Four of those years that I was working, I was even Young Women's President which kept me extra busy. I have loved the opportunity to stay home since Chandler was born but when he entered school, I did begin substitute teaching.

I have really enjoyed the teaching. For the past three weeks I have taught 3 days of every week. Now I seriously wonder how I was EVER able to work full-time and manage a home and family. My house has completely gone to pot and I am completely, utterly exhausted! Here's a picture of what my kitchen looked like a little earlier today.




COMPLETE AND TOTAL DISASTER! (and let's not even talk about the laundry)

This has really got me wondering what has changed. Do I have less energy? I don't think so. Am I out of practice and don't have the "working" routine down as well? This is entirely possible. Are my children and husband out of practice with helping? I don't know, but I would sure demand more help if I were working full-time. Is it just that my children are older which means my evenings and weekends are much, much more hectic than they used to be? This option seems to be most likely. I used to stay home more in the evenings allowing me to get things done. Now I am running off to YW, soccer games, soccer practices, meetings, etc! It seems that one of my children or myself always has some place to be. Not that I am complaining. I do like my life. It is just hectic in the evenings and is usually it's own juggling act trying to get everyone where they are supposed to be without much help from Kevin.

All I know is I have much more respect especially for mothers, of teenagers, who must work. You go, girls!

--scrappinsoccermama is grateful she doesn't have to work full-time! Thank you, Kevin!

1 comment: