Tuesday, April 14, 2009

heartbreaking

For the most part, life with Alec is loving, frustrating (he can be stubborn and hard to understand), and funny (he is part clown) but once in a while is it just plain sad. Yesterday was one of those days.

I was taking Alec to the library (one of his favorite places) and we went to climb in the car Brakston always drove. Here's our conversation:

A: Mom, will you give me Brakston's car?

M: Why do you want Brakston's car?

A: I want to drive. Please, mom, please. (in a very heartfelt, begging voice)

M: Alec, honey, you can't drive. I'm sorry.

A: All my friends drive. I need to drive. Puhleeeaaase!

It honestly breaks my heart to have to tell Alec he can't do something that he sees everyone else do! He so badly wants to be included and to be treated like everyone else.

I'll chalk it up to another life lesson I learn from Alec - never take anything I am able to do for granted!

--scrappinsoccermama is one lucky gal! She can do many, many things!

1 comment: