Saturday, April 11, 2009

chocolate rules

I have often claimed to be a chocoholic but I do not believe that is strictly true. I will not eat chocolate in any way, shape, or form. I have some very specific rules for chocolate.

1) The only good M&M is a peanut one! I might, on occasion, pop a plain one or two but they are generally not worth the calories to me. The peanut ones are a delightful mix of sweet and salty - just the right balance.

2) Other than peanut M&Ms, one should not ruin chocolate by mixing it with nuts. Chocolate is meant to be savored. I want my chocolate to be rich and creamy and to let it melt in my mouth. Therefore, if you add nuts to fudge, brownies, or ice cream, you have ruined it and it is inedible.

3) Chocolate should be rich and creamy. No waxy American chocolate! Lindt makes a very good chocolate.

I guess I'm a bit of a chocolate snob!

1 comment:

  1. I was fascinated by your chocolate rules because I absolutely love nuts in my chocolate! The crunch makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete