Wednesday, April 8, 2009

our home

We have lived in the same home for almost 17 years. This actually will lead to two different posts but today's is the things I love about my home.

1) I love that it is in a circle! We don't get tons of traffic. When Brakston was young (and there were lots of kids in the circle) they used to set up hockey nets and play roller hockey for hours. I loved that they could do that!

2) I love my big combination kitchen, dining room, and family room. It is one long room and was the first thing I fell in love with! It totally sold me on the home! Besides the one big room aspect, the kitchen is nice and spacious which I love because I spend a lot of time in there. One thing I can't stand is tripping over people in the kitchen!

3) I love the color of my laundry room. It is painted a Caribbean Blue and reminds me of my best vacations - Hawaii, Cancun, Mazatlan, Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, etc. I love going in there and thinking about the ocean and the sun. It feels like an oasis or a bit of a retreat!

4) I love that we have 3 full bathrooms! It is a rare occurence for us to be waiting in line for a bathroom!

5) I love my neighbors. Five of the seven other families in our cirle have been here even longer than we have. We have the greatest neighbors! They have welcomed my children into their home, shared lawn and garden advice, helped us install a new water heater, shared garden produce, looked for a lost Alec, and on and on and on!

No comments:

Post a Comment