Friday, April 3, 2009

money

My friend, Christine, posted some interesting questions about money that she took from "If you had a million dollars" By J Sewell. I thought I'd attempt to answer them.

1 Below what salary would you be embarrassed to tell people what your family made?

2. Which do you think of more often sex or money?

3. If you spend time with a friend who has significantly less money, do you act differently?

4. If money were no object, where would you live?

5. For you, is there a contradiction between religious faith and seeking financial wealth?

6. When parents write their will, should the child who has six children to raise get more than the child who has only one child to raise.

7. What would you pay to know the exact date and time you will pass away? Would you share this information?

8. Who spends more on frivolous items, you or your husband.

9. A friend files for divorce, asking for more than half of the assets because her spouse cheated on her. Fair?

10. When has money been an obstacle to your well-being?


1. $40,000; 2. money; 3. yes, I try to be sensitive to the fact that they may not be able to eat out or do expensive entertainment; 4. Hawaii or San Diego because I like the temperature there or maybe I could live in Montana in the summer and somewhere else in the winters (my big thing would be to avoid the heat in the summer!), 5. yes and no, I think there shouldn't be but at the same time I think it's been ingrained in me that seeking for wealth is worldly and of less importance than the things of God and that is hard to overcome; 6. no, but then again I don't believe parents need to leave a lot of money for their children. It is not my parents' reponsibility to provide for my children and expecting them to will me money based on my number of children seems like that's what they'd be doing; 7. no, I am not even the least bit concerned about my death date so I wouldn't pay to learn it; 8. I don't think either of us is a big spender on frivolous items. Neither of us is a big spender but I probably spend more on non-essential, just-for-fun things than Kevin does. 9. I don't know. Is money really going to make up for the pain, heartache and loss of trust. What does money really have to do with that? 10. I've been fairly lucky. While money is certainly tight at times; we have always had enough to cover our basic needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment