Monday, April 30, 2012

no comprende

Poor Alec! Sometimes conversations with him feel like one of you is speaking a foreign language. Today he came home with a flyer from Gene Fullmer Fitness Center on pool parties. He does a work program there this semester and I'm sure he just picked up the flyer while he was there. However, with his limited reading skills, all he can get from the flyer is that it is a pool party. So, he wants to go. I spent several minutes trying to explain to him that he wasn't being invited to a pool party but the flyer was saying you could rent the pool to hold a party. I tried explaining this several different ways using several different words. My attempts ended with Alec asking, "So, can I go?" Sometimes I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment