Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Resolution Check-Up

I didn't do as well as last month but still made progress.

Home Improvement
1) Build shutters for the windows in the front of my house - I measured for them.
2) Paint the shutters, outside trim, and outside doors - Need to get going on this
3) Plant lavender in front of the house - Done.
4) Do window treatments for family room, dining room, kitchen, Shanley's room, and the master bedroom - I hung the drapes in the family room.  No other progress here.
5) Paint/stain the back deck - Need to get going on this one too
6) Paint the master bathroom - no progress

Family
1) Plan a special date with Kevin once a month - did!
2) Spend one-on-one time with each child every month (away from the home) - did it!

Social
1) Have 2 game parties for adults this year - one so far this year
2) Host 2 special FHEs with other families this year - one so far this year

Physical
1) Lose 20 pounds - Yikes!  Bad month!  I gained 4 pounds between camping for several days, Easter, a couple of huge family get togethers, and a girls' retreat.  Getting back on track right now.  Total weight loss = 10 pounds.
2) Climb Mount Timpanogos - summer
3) Run a marathon and a half marathon - Ran the half already and am training for the full.

Mental
1) Make sure 1/3 of what I read is uplifting (spiritual, classical, best-book type stuff) - have done this
2) Write a book - Slacked a bit on this - only wrote an additional 950 words this month. Total word count to date = 9941.

Spiritual
1) Spend 1 day a month in the temple - did not spend an entire day there in April
2) Go to 3 new temples - no new progress (still 2 of the 3)
3) Read the New Era and the Ensign every month - done in April
4) At the end of every day, record the hand of God in my life for that day - Did much better at recording in April.


Overall - I am doing okay. I should probably kick things up a notch though I feel that every day is a marathon of busyness.

No comments:

Post a Comment