I am fairly excited for this check-up because I think I did well last month.
1) Build shutters for the windows in the front of my house - waiting for warm weather
2) Paint the shutters, outside trim, and outside doors - waiting for warm weather
3) Plant lavender in front of the house - waiting for warm weather
4) Do window treatments for family room, dining room, kitchen, Shanley's room, and the master bedroom - I took all the window measurements and have browsed curtain sections of stores a few times
5) Paint/stain the back deck - waiting for warm weather
6) Paint the master bathroom - no progress
1) Plan a special date with Kevin once a month - did in January
2) Spend one-on-one time with each child every month (away from the home) - did in January
1) Have 2 game parties for adults this year - have planned a party for February
2) Host 2 special FHEs with other families this year - did one in January
1) Lose 20 pounds - I lost 7 pounds in January (I was down 8 and thought I could make 9 but then went out to eat Jan. 27 and gained 3 pounds eating fajitas. Who knew they were so fattening?) Still, I'll take the 7.
2) Climb Mount Timpanogos - summer
3) Run a marathon and a half marathon - I am registered for both races. The training has been going well (up to 11 miles) but I pulled something on Monday. It is healing but still having trouble moving. I am hoping to be able to run tomorrow but we'll see
1) Make sure 1/3 of what I read is uplifting (spiritual, classical, best-book type stuff) - have done this
2) Write a book - I've written 5500 words
1) Spend 1 day a month in the temple - did in January
2) Go to 3 new temples - I've already been to 2. In January the family went to the Winter Quarters temple and 2 days ago I was able to go to the Edmonton Alberta Temple.
3) Read the New Era and the Ensign every month - done in January
4) At the end of every day, record the hand of God in my life for that day - this started out being very difficult for me but as I've persisted it has become easier. Now I sometimes has 2 or 3 events each day to write about. I truly feel this is helping me recognize God's hand in my life
Overall - I am doing very well. I have several things that I can't work on until summer months but I am making good progress in most areas. A lot of my goals are continual so I will have to keep up the focus each month and not slack off.
6 days ago