Saturday, June 12, 2010

This is the Place

Yesterday I took Alec, McKayla, and Chandler to This is the Place Heritage Park. (Shanley had a "school's out" party - her first boy/girl party.) Chandler and Alec did some chores (couldn't get McKayla to - what a surprise!)


We all had fun playing pioneer games. McKayla and I tried a hoop toss using sticks which we were amazingly bad at much to the chagrin of the innocent passers-by whom we hit. Chandler rolled a wheel using a stick (I was bad at that one too!)
McKayla walked on some stilt-like contraptions. We helped Alec just to stand on them and it made him laugh hysterically.
Chandler got to feed some new lambs.
We rode the train and played an "I Spy" game. It was fun and interesting and WET! Yes, wet. It rained quite a bit. Alec tried hiding from the rain. Finally, drowned rats that we were, we called it quits and headed to my parents' apartment for dinner. Chandler has decided that my parents live near all the "cool" things so we should just move in with them. (Yeah, that wouldn't be crowded - an extra six of us in a one-bedroom apartment. Sounds fun. NOT!)

No comments:

Post a Comment