Tuesday, June 22, 2010

People change...

...or at least their tastes often do.

Growing up I was fairly obsessed with football and basketball. My love was pretty much confined to the high school level of play (this might have had something to do with the fact that my family did NOT own a TV and I grew up in a small town with NO pro or even semi-pro sports teams).

As I entered college, I loved college football and basketball. Then, in the summer after my junior year I took a tennis class. Instantly, I was hooked on pro tennis. I started watching all of the Grand Slam events.

I graduated college and started work and my taste in sports graduated to pro football and pro basketball (more specifically - The Jazz). I followed the Jazz and could easily keep up with the office cooler talk. I was obsessed with pro football and even joined a fantasy football league (I was the ONLY woman). I drafted players and actually won the pool several years.

Then Brakston started playing sports. He tried several sports but absolutely LOVED soccer. He played on a competitive soccer team for 11 years. He also played on his high school team. Several of my younger kids followed suite. I became a HUGE soccer fan (my only football these days is BYU).

Guess what I'm watching on TV right now?

Yep, World Cup. Love it.

and the icing on the cake? When the game is over, I can switch channels from World Cup on ESPN to Wimbledon on ESPN2. Ain't life grand?

No comments:

Post a Comment