Tuesday, June 29, 2010

25th class reunion

This weekend is my 25th high school class reunion (yes, I am really that old but you could hardly expect me to try to get away with saying I'm younger when my oldest is on his mission).

I am really torn about going. Part of me would like to go and spend an hour or two catching up with people. If my parents still lived there, I'd attend the reunion in a heartbeat. However, since they don't, I'd have to fork over money for a hotel and a rental car.

The 4th of July is HUGE in Cody so hotel rooms are not cheap! Seriously, I am talking BIG celebration - they hold the parade for 3 days in a row (2nd, 3rd, and 4th). There is also a HUGE rodeo held every afternoon and evening. So, they can charge premium hotel and car rental prices.

There is no one I want to see badly enough to put out that kind of money. I had friends in high school and I actually loved my high school years. I was homecoming royalty, winter formal royalty, Broncette president but I really didn't have any super close friends. My best friends my senior year were mostly guys (Dan F., Dan M., Todd, Jack, and Barry) and we haven't kept in touch (for obvious reasons).

On the other hand, part of me is curious and would like to see everyone again.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how much has changed since we were in high school - a lot of the reunion plans seem to revolve around bars, kegs, and alcohol.

I guess I'll just miss it and chalk it up to having moved on.


--scrappinsoccermama wants to know if you attend your reunions and if so, do you enjoy them?

2 comments:

  1. nope if i want to talk to them, i can find them on fb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to my five year and decided not to go back. Maybe it will change, but for now no intrest.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete