Monday, June 28, 2010

I LOVE to camp!

I really do! and I am talking about REAL camping here - no trailers for me (that's cheating!).

I love the mountains and the cooler temperatures. I love fires and s'mores and singing around the campfire. I love hiking. I love waking up to the sound of a river rushing by. I love glimpsing deer, elk, and other wildlife. I love being warm in my sleeping bag when the air around me is icy. I love how good my shower feels when I get home!

Last week's Youth Conference was the 12th one I've been on in my life. When I was growing up, we spent our youth conferences on college campuses so there was no camping involved. Years ago when I was the YW President we did one of our YC at Snow College but otherwise, they have all involved camping. Yea!

Twelve YC is probably not a bad record but it doesn't come close to my girls' camp attendance - this year will be my 20th!!!

Good thing I love to camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment