Monday, June 7, 2010

in honor of our brother

I am the oldest of 7 children. I'd classify us as a fairly close family. Unfortunately, my youngest brother, Craig, was killed by a drunk driver almost 20 years ago. He was only 11 years old.

Craig was a joy to be around. He was happy and fun and friendly and helpful. I know we all still miss him.

Of the six remaining siblings, five of us have named a son after Craig. I guess it's just our way of honoring our little bro.
L to R: Ryan Craig Nelson (Tonya's), Joshua Craig Furnell (Jolyn's), Craig Alec Morgan (mine), Garrett Craig Lawton (Todd's), and the newest addition to the family is Isaac Craig Lawton (Ben's).

A whole family of Craigs. Could there be anything better?


and this is a photo of my darling nieces that I just couldn't resist posting.
Maggie (Ben's) and Avery (Todd's) Dang they're cute!

3 comments:

  1. i had no idea about your brother-im sorry! and i never knew alec was really a craig! that is a cool thing to name him after your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the family of Craigs pic. What a great way to honor him! (And your nieces are pretty darn adorable, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoyed the blessing the other day and naming him after Craig was icing on the cake. I remember when that happened even though then we didn't know we would be related some day.

    I was looking forward to hearing from your Dad; I know he has a strong testimony..I've heard it before. We don't get to see you guys all that often. We didn't mean to take the meeting over. Guess we never got the memo about it not being "Proper" in another ward. Seems to me a Testimony is a good thing no matter where you are!
    Look foward to seeing your family again.

    ReplyDelete